User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 8 to 14 of 19

Thread: Overwriting Profession Recipes + Creating Custom ones

  1. #8
    Original Poster
    EmuDev Admin FoxGaming's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    359
    XP
    14,041,238
    Level
    500
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 102 Times in 61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Creating a new profession would be nice, unless that's a lot of work. D:

    Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
    Creating a new profession is definitely a little more work, however I'm up for the challenge (: I'll be back with another tutorial soon!

  2. #9
    Original Poster
    EmuDev Admin FoxGaming's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    359
    XP
    14,041,238
    Level
    500
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 102 Times in 61 Posts
    I did it! lol after hours of trying i finally got it figured out, it takes a little c++, and a couple hours of DBC editing well it took me a couple hours since i was trying to do it for the first time.

    I will upload a guide soon, not 100% sure when.. This guide will be much for intricate than the one above and will take a little longer to write.

    I created a profession called Infusement, this profession is meant to create dark scrolls that give the infuser/customer new racial spells or alter their apperance, infusers can also bind spirits to materials creating powerful weapons/armor. Infusers must sacrifice objects such as dragons blood to gain control of the spirits. In the screen shots you will see that a Tree Spirit is being dominated by dragons blood and life energy to bind itself to the wood provided and create a staff.
    The spell also has a description/tooltip and goes up to skill level 150.


    This is what it looks like while creating the Staff of Infusement:


  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FoxGaming For This Useful Post:


  4. #10
    Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Tommy</span>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,391
    XP
    3,449,104
    Level
    378
    Thanks
    889
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxGaming View Post
    I did it! lol after hours of trying i finally got it figured out, it takes a little c++, and a couple hours of DBC editing well it took me a couple hours since i was trying to do it for the first time.

    I will upload a guide soon, not 100% sure when.. This guide will be much for intricate than the one above and will take a little longer to write.

    I created a profession called Infusement, this profession is meant to create dark scrolls that give the infuser/customer new racial spells or alter their apperance, infusers can also bind spirits to materials creating powerful weapons/armor. Infusers must sacrifice objects such as dragons blood to gain control of the spirits. In the screen shots you will see that a Tree Spirit is being dominated by dragons blood and life energy to bind itself to the wood provided and create a staff.
    The spell also has a description/tooltip and goes up to skill level 150.


    This is what it looks like while creating the Staff of Infusement:

    Very awesome! I knew it took C++ and some DBC editing, just wondered if you wanted to do it and surprisingly you did it! I was never motivated to do it.. yet.. That is amazing though, nice work!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy For This Useful Post:


  6. #11
    Original Poster
    EmuDev Admin FoxGaming's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    359
    XP
    14,041,238
    Level
    500
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 102 Times in 61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Very awesome! I knew it took C++ and some DBC editing, just wondered if you wanted to do it and surprisingly you did it! I was never motivated to do it.. yet.. That is amazing though, nice work!
    Thank you, I never really had motivation to do it either lol It actually ended up being really cool. Thanks for the suggestion!

  7. #12
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    XP
    2,233
    Level
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very nice tutorial, thanks! Looking forward to the one to create a custom profession! Hopefully it comes soon :)

  8. #13
    Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Tommy</span>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,391
    XP
    3,449,104
    Level
    378
    Thanks
    889
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxGaming View Post
    Thank you, I never really had motivation to do it either lol It actually ended up being really cool. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Ha, no motivation!? Dayum, can't wait for the tutorial if you're going to make one. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Very nice tutorial, thanks! Looking forward to the one to create a custom profession! Hopefully it comes soon :)
    Ditto!

  9. #14
    Exalted Member Hamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    484
    XP
    310,428
    Level
    117
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 70 Times in 52 Posts
    More tutorials like these would be great.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •