User Tag List

Thread: Gossip Menu text in multiple languages

Emulation Addict
    XP
    Level
    Thanks

Gossip Menu text in multiple languages

hello, guys i have a little problem i want to make my custom script with Gossip menus in at least 2 languages, i read.

Code:
    Uses gossip item info from DB
    AddGossipItemFor(Player* player, uint32 gossipMenuID, uint32 gossipMenuItemID, uint32 sender, uint32 action);
    but i dont know how to do it maybe someone know how and can help me to do this
    i want to translate in 2 languages something like this for example
    Code:
                    AddGossipItemFor(player, 0, "|TInterface\\icons\\Spell_Nature_Regenerate:40:40:-14|t Restaurar Vida y Mana", GOSSIP_SENDER_MAIN, 1);		
    		AddGossipItemFor(player, 0, "|TInterface\\icons\\SPELL_HOLY_BORROWEDTIME:40:40:-14|t Resetar Cooldowns", GOSSIP_SENDER_MAIN, 2);			
    		AddGossipItemFor(player, 0, "|TInterface\\icons\\Achievement_BG_AB_defendflags:40:40:-14|t Quitar Bug de Combate", GOSSIP_SENDER_MAIN, 3);	
    		AddGossipItemFor(player, 0, "|TInterface\\icons\\Achievement_BG_winAB_underXminutes:40:40:-14|t Resetar Instancias", GOSSIP_SENDER_MAIN, 4);
    Last edited by damiansp15; 01-08-2017 at 03:07 AM.
    Achievements:
    Member 3 months registered Level V

Moderator / Eluna Dev <span style='color: #FF0000'><span class='glow_8B0000'>Rochet2</span></span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    If you use the first code / function you posted, then you would use the menu_id and id columns from gossip_menu_option table as gossipMenuID and gossipMenuItemID.
    Then the translations would be added to locales_gossip_menu_option with the same menu_id and id.

So all your gossip text would be in DB. English text in the normal gossip option table and translations in locales gossip option table.
    Awards:
    Support LOL Scripter Facepalm! Raffle Winner
    rochet2.github.io - Home of great codes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rochet2 For This Useful Post:

Original Poster
    Emulation Addict
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    thanks now i got it, but have other doubt. i can translate something like PSendSysMessage("|cffFFFF00bla bla bla"); //
    or SendNotification("|cffFFFF00bla bla bla"); in other languages too or i cant because i have to much scripts
    And I would like to have as many languages as possible> X
    but i cant find nothing to do it >^ and sorry for respond 1 week later >p
    Last edited by damiansp15; 01-08-2017 at 03:10 AM.
    Achievements:
    Member 3 months registered Level V

Moderator / Eluna Dev <span style='color: #FF0000'><span class='glow_8B0000'>Rochet2</span></span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Im not quite sure what is the best way to translate random strings, but I used to use the DB table trinity_string and in c++ you can get the entry with char const* string = ChatHandler(player->GetSession()).GetTrinityString(LANG_YOUR_DEFINED_ STRING_ID); and usually those definitions are in Languages.h
    I think many methods like sendnotification and others are implemented so that you can just call player->GetSession()->SendNotification(LANG_YOUR_DEFINED_STRING_ID);
    Awards:
    Support LOL Scripter Facepalm! Raffle Winner
    rochet2.github.io - Home of great codes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rochet2 For This Useful Post:

Original Poster
    Emulation Addict
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    aw thanks rochet solved :/
    and thanks again you saved me a lot of time!

Thread Information