Hello, Emudevs, before everything let me say something. this is not full time job or over-hyped project of mine. i was thinking a long time about this project and well finally i had enough motivation to sit down and write all the code.
So. lets talk more about Gratis
What is Gratis ?
- Gratis is open source flexible modern and lightweight CMS with custom built framework.
Custom built framework ?
- Yes in order to realize my idea that CMS must be easy to use, and even easier to modify.To fit your needs it uses custom built framework.
How about website logic ?
- The logic behind interacts is really simple but at the same time effective. Most of complex code handled as "Modules/Infusions" (call them how you wan't i call them infusions). Based on what I've said lets go deeper now and see how exactly classes interacts with each other. First of all there is no static /pages folder as you used to see in any nowadays released CMS. instead we have everything handled by $_GET superglobal and /view folder. View interacts with Main Page Module where we define and handle simple logic that needed to be rendered for our website. Simple isn't it?
- The logic behind these that they are between View and Main Page Module. The main Module class contains base logic of our module/infusion then sends data to actual Model where all database work happens. Take a note - in Model files we don't even try to use HTML and in Model / Infusion / View we don't use any database calls so we keep everything separated and easy manageable in the future.
Gratis better than Azer or FusionCMS or any other popular CMS?
- Lets be honest here. FusionCMS - is known as most unstable big-ass framework, right? but at current state he's still better cause most of modules available let you customize the whole cms as you wan't also a decent community work on new templates / modules. Azer and all other decent CMS projects are kinda same story, but there is one BUT. This is because of current state of Gratis. Project most of the time it was i my head or on my local machine, with time and updates i think it can be on same level if not higher than Azer or Fcms or any other popular ones.
Why it's free?
- Simple question , simple answer. There is no need to make CMS paid. i can make premium modules / templates paid - i like this marketing system much more than buying a cms when you don't even know if it's good or not.
How about templates?
- Gratis has implemented Bootstrap 3 support in him. so customize and create a template will be easier than easy with medium/average knowledge of HTML / CSS you can create template even without a PSD.
What is working today :
- Page itself. [0.0.1]
- Default pages such as Index, How To Connect, Downloads etc.[0.0.1]
- UCP (not finished but working).[0.0.2]
- Server Status.[0.0.1]
- Dynamic Vote Page.[0.0.4]
- Character Services(just framework). [0.0.2]
- Dynamic page system.[0.0.4]
Features to be added :
- Own item tool tips.
- Support for more than one realm.
- Dynamic vote/donate shop.
- Integrated Paypal / Payment wall.
- Server administration panel.
- Admin panel.
- Install page.
Current version 0.0.4: https://bitbucket.org/vitrex/gratis-...dc8bf8bb9a05bc (28 Oct. 2016)
url to changelog will be available in 0.0.4 version.Code:# Change Log All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file. ## [0.0.4] - 2016-10-28 ### Added - Dynamic Page system - Vote system - Propper comments in all model & module files ### Changed - Cleaned up not used code (from 0.0.1 ver.) ## [0.0.3] - 2016-10-17 ### Added - PDO library instead of Procedural mysqli. - Dynamic vote page Framework. ## [0.0.2] - 2016-10-16 ### Fixed - Fixed memory leak in UCP with database fetch - Fixed all view pages to be based on index / main page ### Added - Added basic UCP panel. ### Changed - Useless code / non used variables clean up. ## 0.0.1 - 2016-10-16 ### Added - The stable release with basic website functions added.
Any pre-requirements ?
Yes PHP must have short tags enabled and PHP version must be > 5.6. (development processing on PHP 7). So it's highly recommended that if you plan to use this in future keep in mind you'll have to be up to date with PHP versions.
A little bit of truth here. This is not usable yet. Well it can be if people don't need the UCP panel but need only register/downloads/news features. but if you need fully customized CMS you'll have to wait. So why do i "release" it if it's not usable? To keep the motivation up for myself and don't drop the project that has potential.
How i said it's open source and my ugly code can be found here :
I understand this is more show of than release... So sorry if i hyped you with title.. :D
Good luck. Feel free to drop your ideas / thoughts everything you would like to see implemented int Gratis in this post !
Have a good day !
Eric a.k.a Vitrex.