User Tag List

Thread: Public Server unaccessible

Mad Scientist <span style='color: #008000'><span class='glow_006400'>slp13at420</span></span>'s Avatar

XP
    Level
    Thanks

Public Server unaccessible

I have been hosting my server my self for a few years now.
    Recently I changed from cable to dsl as a service provider.
    I haven't changed anything on the server pc other than the ip address in auth.realmlist.address to my new static ip provided by my dsl supplier.

I am using canyouseeme.org to test my ports open/error.

host file has been updated to new ip with new perm .com address
    63.228.191.189 www.blackwolfsden.com

with apache running I can test port 80 3x in a row and it passes every time.
    I shutdown apache and re-test port 80 3x and it fails every time.
    I restart apache and port 80 will pass test fine again.

If I go to my server's local ip address I can interact with the website and login to the game server just fine.

But if I try to navigate to the website via the external ip or .com address I don't get anything . I cannot connect to the game server nor will I see the website.

ports forwarded tcp/udp to internal ip via dsl all-in-one Zyxcel modem/hub:
    80, 443, 3306, 3724, 1119-1124, 6112-6117, 8085-8089, 7878-7882, 3443-3447, 6881-6886.
    Last edited by slp13at420; 08-12-2016 at 01:52 AM.
    Achievements:
    Shopper Got a Sticky! Member 1 year registered Level XL Level D
    Awards:
    Pot Head LOL Raffle Winner Top Tagger Donator Hangman Scripter Repacker Drunk Support Member of Staff Da Bomb!
    "Cuz PvP's better with a bag 'o' weed"
    !! King Spade !!

-Guild Plot System-
    Grumbo'z Guild Warz

-VIP System-
    Grumbo'z VIP System

Super Moderator <span style='color: #FFFF00'><span class='glow_000000'>Kaev</span></span>'s Avatar

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Is it possible that your new ISP is using Dual Stack Lite? If yes, you don't have a public IPv4 address. All your IPv4 packets will be wrapped into a IPv6 packet by your ISP. And without a public IPv4 address you can't access your local network via IPv4.
    I had the same problem when i changed my ISP. I've called the support of my ISP, asked for a "technology guy" instead of normal support and told him that i need a public IPv4, because i'm often need it for many online games and because i'm developing multiple server applications which i need to run via IPv4 too.
    Achievements:
    Shopper Member 1 year registered Level XL Level C
    Awards:
    Raffle Winner Member of Staff Support LOL Drunk Donator

Read the rules before posting.

Do you have an unsolved issue? Give us more informations about your problem.

Do you have problems with compiling or installing TrinityCore? Unknown96's Tutorial will help you.

Visit our other helpful sites:
    EmuDevs SQL Generator

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaev For This Useful Post:

Original Poster
    Mad Scientist <span style='color: #008000'><span class='glow_006400'>slp13at420</span></span>'s Avatar

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Tnx @Kaev talked to my isp tech department to have them verify my ip is a public ipv4 and they said it is.
    so I explained what was happening and they double checked my settings to verify everything is open and nothing is blocking it .
    He verified it as a public ipv4 but was having a heck of a time trying to get my modem to respond to him. so they think its a modem problem and are R/A'ing me a new modem :D

So I will leave this open until I receive the new Modem and set it up.
    Then it theoretically start responding to outside connections :D and I should be able to call this solved lol
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Pot Head LOL Raffle Winner Top Tagger Donator Hangman Scripter Repacker Drunk Support Member of Staff Da Bomb!
    !! King Spade !!

-Guild Plot System-
    Grumbo'z Guild Warz

-VIP System-
    Grumbo'z VIP System

Original Poster

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    ok received the new modem yesterday.
    saved my config from my current modem/hub then loaded my custom config into my new modem.
    I navigate to the local ip address of the server and I can see my web page and login and do stuff.
    I can login to my game server just fine using its local ip address.
    But if I use the blackwolfsden.com address to access the web page, all I see is `This page can't be displayed`.
    If I try to navigate to the webpage using the static ipv4 address I get the same thing `This page can't be displayed`.

lol i'm thinking its something stupid I overlooked on my end.

I also did go thru and verify Apache,sql,auth and world are approved in the firewall.
    Last edited by slp13at420; 08-19-2016 at 03:09 AM.
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    !! King Spade !!

-Guild Plot System-
    Grumbo'z Guild Warz

-VIP System-
    Grumbo'z VIP System

Thread Information