User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MiscValueA in spell.dbc

XP
    Level
    Thanks

MiscValueA in spell.dbc

I'm trying to make a potion(Elixir) with a custom spell. And i've come to the conclusion that Misc Value A is what matters in this case, the id put there is the effect of it.

However i have no idea at all where i can find the Misc Values.

Where is this linked? to a table in the database?
    to SRC?

I have totally no idea, i've been stuck on this for days. Any help would be helpful

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Is it linked back to another row in the spell.dbc? That would be my first guess.

Original Poster
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxGaming View Post
    Is it linked back to another row in the spell.dbc? That would be my first guess.
    The spell that im looking at right now lighting speed (id 60347) goes to the id 65 which is haste, and is using the same misc value.

Same goes for every spell that increases your haste. so it has to be linked with something else another dbc or src file
    Last edited by Syphex; 07-17-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    Achievements:
    Member 1 year registered Level XL Level C

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    More or less taking shots in the dark, it has been awhile since I've looked into this. I'm sure the misc value is defined somewhere in the source my guess is still that everything is contained in the dbc.
    The value 65 very well could be the effect id, meaning any spell with that value will be increasing haste and that the value columns later in the dbc represent the amount of haste to be given. Take a look at the schemas at https://wowdev.wiki/DB/Spell. Regardless, I'm sure the values you are looking for are in the spell.dbc row

Original Poster
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxGaming View Post
    More or less taking shots in the dark, it has been awhile since I've looked into this. I'm sure the misc value is defined somewhere in the source my guess is still that everything is contained in the dbc.
    The value 65 very well could be the effect id, meaning any spell with that value will be increasing haste and that the value columns later in the dbc represent the amount of haste to be given. Take a look at the schemas at https://wowdev.wiki/DB/Spell. Regardless, I'm sure the values you are looking for are in the spell.dbc row
    Yeah, i've already looked at that and the only thing that it mentions is this;
    int32 EffectMiscValue[3] Used for according effect's special misc values, commonly entries of called or used creature/item/gameobject.

I have no idea what the last commonly part means, also since its a int32 tells me it has something to do with the SRC(now it doesnt really have to tell me, but im pretty sure it is defined somewhere there, but i don't know what i should start looking for.)
    I could be very wrong too. But all spells that has something to do with haste has that value. and it cannot be find in the spell.DB but on the column row MiscValueA (MiscValue)
    Last edited by Syphex; 07-18-2016 at 12:09 PM.
    Achievements:
    Member 1 year registered Level XL Level C

Original Poster
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    bump

Original Poster
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    I'm gonna revive this thread to see if i can get some help, i looked into this and found a few stuff.

miscvalue can be found in Spellinfo.h, DBCStores.cpp, DBCStructure.h

However i cannot find what they are linked to???

I find it utterly wierd that no one knows what MiscValue A or Misc Value B are linked to and what they do really.

Thread Information