User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 404 Error redirecting me to nomsoft on home computer/network.

XP
    Level
    Thanks

404 Error redirecting me to nomsoft on home computer/network.

So, there's something interesting happening. On my home PC I'm getting a 404 error to access Emudevs.com which just gives me a nomsoft.com link(and a creepy monkey that gives me nightmares... poor guy has no clothing!). I've flushed my DNS, reset my router and everything but it still doesn't work at all. Accessing emudevs.com/index.php gives me that index.php doesn't exist, nor does any link I try to access(ie a thread) says that showthread.php doesn't exist.

It's a technical issue, since I'm writing from work/school right now and it works. I honestly am out of ideas, I've even recently reinstalled my network drivers so I can't think of anything else to fix the issue.

Would like to be around and able to post here still. :(

Super Moderator <span style='color: #FFFF00'><span class='glow_000000'>Kaev</span></span>'s Avatar

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    As mentioned in the shoutbox, i had/have this problem too.
    Atm i'm at work and ED works here since today, not sure if it will work at home too.
    Sadly this isn't a problem of ED itself so there is no solution from our side. Probably some DNS errors somewhere, because the problem exists since the DNS problems our hoster had 2 weeks ago.
    Achievements:
    Shopper Member 1 year registered Level XL Level C
    Awards:
    Raffle Winner Member of Staff Support LOL Drunk Donator

Read the rules before posting.

Do you have an unsolved issue? Give us more informations about your problem.

Do you have problems with compiling or installing TrinityCore? Unknown96's Tutorial will help you.

Visit our other helpful sites:
    EmuDevs SQL Generator

Original Poster
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Exactly why I'm worried. I've tried using Google dns and that doesn't work either. I'll try a few things again at home but it's rather weird of an error since it worked on the weekend, and Monday or Sunday stopped working.

Wasn't sure which category was good to post in so I decided to post on site support. Feel free to move it!

Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Hyperion</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 631 Posts
    I honestly have no idea what's causing it. It only started happening to people when I set the 404 across our network.
    So any non existent page or directory would give the 404.

Note: Nomsoft.net uses google DNS and Emudevs.com uses HE.net DNS

BUT, if you SEE the 404 page then it's not your connection to us. I would think to clear your internet cache, but
    I doubt that will fix anything.

It's something we're still looking in to..
    Achievements:
    Got a Sticky! Referrer Conversationalist 1 year registered Member Level XL Level C
    Awards:
    Member of Staff Support Smartass LOL Scripter Repacker Picasso Most Threads Facepalm! Pot Head On the fly Raffle Winner Drunk
    Upvote our public Teamspeak 3 Server!

Emulation Addict
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    When accessing the forums with IPv4 everything works fine. Only when accessing with IPv6 it doesn't work. You can confirm it when you disable IPv6 in your network adapter. You have to make nginx listen to IPv6 aswell in the emudevs.com configuration.

Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Hyperion</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahava View Post
    When accessing the forums with IPv4 everything works fine. Only when accessing with IPv6 it doesn't work. You can confirm it when you disable IPv6 in your network adapter. You have to make nginx listen to IPv6 aswell in the emudevs.com configuration.
    Are you explaining to me how networking works?

I have ipv6 disabled for a reason.
    Achievements:
    Got a Sticky! Referrer Conversationalist 1 year registered Member Level XL Level C
    Awards:
    Member of Staff Support Smartass LOL Scripter Repacker Picasso Most Threads Facepalm! Pot Head On the fly Raffle Winner Drunk
    Upvote our public Teamspeak 3 Server!

Emulation Addict
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Are you explaining to me how networking works?

I have ipv6 disabled for a reason.
    I was just telling you that the error was your webserver wasn't listening on IPv6. It seems to be fixed now though.

Thread Information