Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A game I am developing

Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Tommy</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkyflip View Post
    id love to see how your game is coming along too tommy. i know you are doing a space game aswell!!! if you use UE4 i might be able to send you some space content tec. let me know.
    Which are you referring to? My RTS space game made in Unity? Haven't worked on it in years.

P.S. Just wanted the gist of your game ideas, not the entire game concept.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy For This Useful Post:

Original Poster
    Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Nomsoft's game is a clicker, not a space flying.
    'Space Clicker Conquest'

We are currently working on it in Unity3d.
    yea but didnt you have an old post where you was rendering planets for a space type game?

Original Poster
    Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Which are you referring to? My RTS space game made in Unity? Haven't worked on it in years.

P.S. Just wanted the gist of your game ideas, not the entire game concept.
    that is not even close to the games finished stuff i have lots more and yes the RTS space game.

Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Hyperion</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 631 Posts
    yea but didnt you have an old post where you was rendering planets for a space type game?
    Yeah I thought you meant our current one, my bad.
    Achievements:
    Got a Sticky! Referrer Conversationalist 1 year registered Member Level XL Level C
    Awards:
    Member of Staff Support Smartass LOL Scripter Repacker Picasso Most Threads Facepalm! Pot Head On the fly Raffle Winner Drunk
    Upvote our public Teamspeak 3 Server!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperion For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator <span style='color: #FFFF00'><span class='glow_000000'>Kaev</span></span>'s Avatar

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Looks nice. Really awesome that we have some UE4 users here. :)

I'm also on my way to create a space game, but i'm not sure if it will be 2D or voxel based 3D.
    If i decide to create a 2D game, i'll write the whole engine by myself, otherwise i'll use UE4 or Unity. Probably UE4 because i nearly have no Unity experience. :s
    Achievements:
    Shopper Member 1 year registered Level XL Level C
    Awards:
    Raffle Winner Member of Staff Support LOL Drunk Donator

Read the rules before posting.

Do you have an unsolved issue? Give us more informations about your problem.

Do you have problems with compiling or installing TrinityCore? Unknown96's Tutorial will help you.

Visit our other helpful sites:
    EmuDevs SQL Generator

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaev For This Useful Post:

Original Poster
    Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaev View Post
    Looks nice. Really awesome that we have some UE4 users here. :)

I'm also on my way to create a space game, but i'm not sure if it will be 2D or voxel based 3D.
    If i decide to create a 2D game, i'll write the whole engine by myself, otherwise i'll use UE4 or Unity. Probably UE4 because i nearly have no Unity experience. :s
    I perfer UE4 because its c++ scripting is simple. i swear dont ever use the blueprints unless it is simple movement type scripts. or like an inventory system. and game mechanics should be c++.. unity has a strange workflow for me too. its all about preference i guess really. both are good but i feel at ease using UE4

Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Tommy</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,119 Posts
    I perfer UE4 because its c++ scripting is simple. i swear dont ever use the blueprints unless it is simple movement type scripts. or like an inventory system. and game mechanics should be c++.. unity has a strange workflow for me too. its all about preference i guess really. both are good but i feel at ease using UE4
    Both Unity and UE4 scripting is very simple. Yes, it is about self preference or how much knowledge you have between them to be able to choose which one you want to work with. UE4 has a lot more free content and overall a better community for its engine - you'll basically have all the stuff you need then and there. I'm not a big fan of UE4's UI though, but that's me. I've worked on a 2D game with RPG aspects with their blueprint editor; quite simple but overall I have a lot more Unity knowledge and thus prefer Unity instead of UE4. More knowledge = how fast your game will be made, plus efficiency and all that crap.

Your game idea looks nice and the video looks promising. Hope it works out.

P.S. My space RTS as I said hasn't been messed with in years. I might start it back up later but that's down the road after Nomsoft's team completes and releases some games, which isn't far down the line.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information