I'm new to this forum. It's been about 5 years since I last touched WoW emulation and I'm getting involved again.
I'm assuming this is the new place for emu devs to hang out?
These are a few things I remember from back in the day..
- WebWoW CMS
- Death of WoWScape / Launch of Molten WoW
- DDoS attacks everywhere
- People using bugged wands in-game to get millions of spell damage points (cant remember what server)
I've since done a lot of full stack development in my day job since 2010, so I can really contribute back to the emulation community now I have direct experience with...
- Laravel 5
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Linux server
I also noticed TrinityCore is now on GitHub, which is laaaaavely!
I have a few questions if that's cool?
- Is there anything out there similar, or do we know rough average numbers for how much bandwidth 1 player uses, and if the usage increases (per player) when the population scales?
- Is there any public data on how many queries per second 1000 players generates, etc?
- Has anyone used TrinityCore on a VPS for small population testing? How does it perform vs a bare metal box?
- I've looked at Eluna and the API documentation but don't quite understand it's concept, or what problem it can solve?
- Is there anything wow emu related that has happened that I might want to read about?