User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What kind of server can success at the moment?

Moderator <span style='color: #FF1493'><span class='glow_000000'>Vitrex</span></span>'s Avatar

XP
    Level
    Thanks

What kind of server can success at the moment?

Hi there. i the middle of my work in almost end to be honest, i asked myself. does my idea can success at the moment?
    We all know there a lot of private servers out there, most of them same other unique in some cases. well i asked myself then that question
    Do you think custom content can bring you players ?
    by custom content i don't mean huge stats and auto attacking all. no i worked more that year on my project to get it working, so i can tell that i crated "expansion" with whole new content, reputations, spell, talent sytems, items, raids, dungs, lore etc. etc.
    so then friend of mine told me drop this go with blizz like server. i asked him why? he answered Because players don't give a fuck about custom servers and they will don't give any single f*uck about your server, they will think this is another op stats no sense server. AND even if they try it that kind of server will not bring you more than 100 players. so i thought maybe i'll give a try to blizz but.
    there a lot of private blizz like servers i don't wanna advertise them but i know really good because i played there.
    So guys what you think , drop idea and go with blizz like stuff on some never version? OR stay with custom content and give players new private wow expansion?
    Achievements:
    Shopper Got a Sticky! 1 year registered Member Level XL Level C Referrer
    Awards:
    Raffle Winner Donator Member of Staff Pot Head
    I won't create anything for you, i can only guide you to right direction.
    Don't forget to read rules before posting.
    Forum Rules
    Need and assistance with your issue? use this section to ask for assistance !
    -----
    My Portfolio
    Wanna learn PHP ? check out my One-Page project

Esteemed Member <span style='color: #4169E1'>Grandelf</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    I think the best response is: you need a bit of luck. There have been succesful private servers,
    that had custom content. There also have been succesful blizzlike servers.
    What is basically comes down to, in my opinion is: What do you feel most comfortable with.

It is true that if you have a working 5.4.8 server, with most things scripted, it'll probably get you a fair amount of players.
    However, it'll take a lot of work to achieve this, not to mention a good understanding of C++.
    Servers with custom content on the other hand, can (sometimes) afford to not have everything scripted.
    Taking into account that you already worked on your server for over a year, I would give it a shot.
    Just make sure you show people that your server is unique, different and not a server with overpowered items if that isn't what you want.

Then it comes down to luck again, players will have to notice your server and actually create an account.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grandelf For This Useful Post:

Original Poster
    Moderator <span style='color: #FF1493'><span class='glow_000000'>Vitrex</span></span>'s Avatar

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    thanks for opinion. mate i appreciate it
    I just wanna heard few opinions more :)

to be honest, i worked on it for about 2 years if count all time, but my pc was burned after storm.heh and i lost my HDD with all data of server.
    Last edited by Vitrex; 08-07-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Forum Rules
    -----
    My Portfolio

Exalted Member <span style='color: #FFD700'><span class='glow_FFA500'>Mathias</span></span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Players also love active admins that they can spam all their problems on. So a mature and active staff might be just as important as the type

Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Hyperion</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Players also love active admins that they can spam all their problems on. So a mature and active staff might be just as important as the type
    I couldn't have said this better. I believe the success of your server revolves around the people who run it.
    My main issue when I first ran servers was the staff I hired, they either bailed or they caused problems.
    Achievements:
    Got a Sticky! Referrer Conversationalist 1 year registered Member Level XL Level C
    Awards:
    Member of Staff Support Smartass LOL Scripter Repacker Picasso Most Threads Facepalm! Pot Head On the fly Raffle Winner Drunk
    Upvote our public Teamspeak 3 Server!

Original Poster

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    nice OT but thanks for advices :)
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Forum Rules
    -----
    My Portfolio

Exalted Member <span style='color: #FFD700'><span class='glow_FFA500'>Mathias</span></span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    But getting a good set of staff can be very hard for most of the people that will apply won't be those that are good

Thread Information