User Tag List

Thread: Turning an instance into normal zone ?

Exalted Member

Turning an instance into normal zone ?

I would like to turn an instance into a normal zone
    now i've got several questions about this process

Is it possible to remove entrance portal of an instance ?

After turning an instance into a normal zone will it stay connected to outside zone ?

What will happen to game objects and npcs inside the instance ?

Is it possible to make the instance map sanctuary by editing areatable.dbc or it required C++ coding (since it's an instance by default not a normal zone) ?

Is it possible to turn the instance into normal zone via core edit? to avoid patching.

Exalted Member
    1- Yes, its possible to remove the entrance of an instance. Just look at areatrigger.dbc and look the trigger that is related to the zone in which instance/dungeon is.
    2- You can make a instance/dungeon a normal map just editing map.dbc map type (areatype ->
    3- No, the instance/dungeon will not connect with the outside 'cause its other map (continent and adts), you can only access via teleporter or teleport trigger
    4- The objects and npcs (if im not wrong) will stay correctly if you change the areatype (Im not sure if gameobjects will appear after change the areatype if the objects are summoned by a script).
    5- Im not sure if sanctuary flags and instance flags can be set both together, never tried before.
    6- Not sure if you can make a instance normal zone via C++ (tommy or Rochet can solve this question).

7- Sorry my spanglish

PD: Look at instance_template in the DB and delete the line related to the instace if you change the areatype in map.dbc
    Last edited by Eleinder; 06-11-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Member 1 year registered Level XL Level C

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleinder For This Useful Post:

Thread Information