User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How to create itemsets

  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11
    XP
    2,259
    Level
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 38 Times in 6 Posts

    How to create itemsets

    Hey there, in this tutorial I'll be explaining how itemsets work and how you can make your own.

    Things Needed:

    Basic knowledge about editing DBCs and packing MPQs.
    DBC Editor (Preferably Taaliis)
    MPQEditor

    Before we start messing with any DBCs you'll need the items that will make up your itemset, obviously. For this tutorial I'll be using 'Recruit's Boots', 'Recruit's Pants' and 'Recruit's Shirt' just for simplicity's sake. When you have found/made your items, head into your dbc folder and find itemset.dbc. Open it up, create a new row and then edit these columns to your liking:

    #0 - ID (Unique Identifier)
    #1 - Name (Self explanatory.)
    #18-25 - This is where you put your items entries. (In my case I'll only be using #18-20 since I only have three items in my set.)
    #35-42 - This is the actual setbonuses, the spell entries. (You can find spells in your spell.dbc or simply browse wowhead.)
    #43-49 - This is the number of items required for each setbonus. (2,4,6,8 etc...)

    Example:



    That's it for the DBC. (Don't forget to put the DBCs on your server and pack them into your MPQ as always.)

    The last part is to add the itemset IDs to your items in the database. Here's the query I used:
    Code:
    UPDATE item_template
    SET itemset = "902"
    WHERE entry IN (38,39,40);
    My results:


    That's it for this tutorial. Itemsets are very basic as you might have noticed, but I hope this will help some of you beginners out there.

    // Björn

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rup33rt For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Tommy</span>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,391
    XP
    3,449,104
    Level
    378
    Thanks
    889
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Awesome, thanks!

  4. #3
    Esteemed Member faiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    colombia
    Posts
    257
    XP
    56,843
    Level
    73
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 39 Times in 24 Posts
    THX

  5. #4
    Enthusiast Donny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19
    XP
    1,994
    Level
    12
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rup33rt View Post
    #43-49 - This is the number of items required for each setbonus. (2,4,6,8 etc...)

    Hey there. Loved your tutorial, but could you please explain me that particular part? It seems you refered about number of items, yet i've seen in the screenshot that you added the value "2" in #43 and value "3" in #44.
    How does that part work? Thanks in advance.

  6. #5
    Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Foereaper</span>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    926
    XP
    38,862
    Level
    60
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 329 Times in 156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    Hey there. Loved your tutorial, but could you please explain me that particular part? It seems you refered about number of items, yet i've seen in the screenshot that you added the value "2" in #43 and value "3" in #44.
    How does that part work? Thanks in advance.
    Without reading the tutorial and not really remembering how the above goes, the above is the set bonus item requirements. For the first set bonus, taking his example into account, you require two set items equipped. For the second bonus, you require 3 items equipped. Thus, 2 in 43 and 3 in 44 :)

    If you set 44 to 5, you would need 5 items equipped for the 2nd bonus to be activated.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foereaper For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Enthusiast Donny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19
    XP
    1,994
    Level
    12
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foereaper View Post
    Without reading the tutorial and not really remembering how the above goes, the above is the set bonus item requirements. For the first set bonus, taking his example into account, you require two set items equipped. For the second bonus, you require 3 items equipped. Thus, 2 in 43 and 3 in 44 :)

    If you set 44 to 5, you would need 5 items equipped for the 2nd bonus to be activated.
    Oh thanks for your explanation, understood completely now :)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •