Yes, you read the title correctly. We basically need ACTIVE moderator(s) to edit posts, deal with reports, enforce the rules, move threads/posts, help the community understand the rules and other systems on ED, etc.
What you will be doing is as stated above, more in-depth:
- Editing Posts - When a user links emulation, private server or other websites that we don't allow, it will need to be edited asap to prevent backlinks.
- Move Threads/Posts - This will be done when a thread is in the incorrect section, put it into the correct section (of course) or if a thread/post needs to be moved to the trash.
- Reports - If a user reports a certain post, it will be your job to take care of the situation and enforce the rules.
- Enforcing Rules - This is what makes EmuDevs different from other communities. If any user is breaking the rules, the user must know - tell the user what they did by linking the rule #, edit their post if any insulting, flaming or even trolling is visible.
- Mark Threads Solved - In any case a support thread can be solved, it will need to be marked as solved. If a thread is inactive for 4 days to a week, it can be marked as solved.
You will obviously do more overtime, but as for right now we need moderators that can do the basic stuff. I guess that is a way in putting you into a trial. We don't need spam moderators because we haven't had spam since the site came up. The only way for a spammer to spam is if there is a person manually doing it.
Of course it doesn't seem like EmuDevs has a lot to do moderating wise, but you'd be surprised.
We only have a few contingencies..
- Must be active
- Must be registered for a month on ED
- Must know English fluently
- Must write English fluently
- Be professional when interacting with the community
- If you're unable to moderate for a day, two days or even a week us Administrators must know
You will be monitored by our logs. If there's any sign of you not doing anything for a week or if you haven't logged on, you will be removed if you didn't tell us about your absence.
We don't mind our moderators fooling around a bit via the ChatBox, as long as it doesn't affect our staff reputation.
Post in this thread with the following format (or if you have a better format, use that):
- Do you have Skype (if so, what is it)?
- Do you have school, work or anything regarding you being away all day?
- How many hours can you spare to moderate ED?
- Will you be able to login everyday to check everything?
- Do you know how to write English fluently?
- If you know how to write English fluently, write me a small sentence:
- Are you familiar with the rules?
- To prove your loyalty to EmuDevs, what do you like most about ED?
All entries will be discussed by ED's staff. You will hear from us once we're done!
Please refrain from commenting on applicant posts. They are to be reviewed by the admins, not members.