User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to CMake

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    I Realized that in thew new Git Version you have to add the path yourself.^

Note: You must have msysgit installed on your machine. Also, the path to my git install is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Git" yours might be different. Please check were yours is before continuing.

Open Windows Environment Variables/Path Window
    Right-Click on My Computer
    Click Advanced System Settings from the left side column
    Click Environment Variables at the bottom of the window
    Under System Variables look for the path variable and click edit
    Add the pwd to git's bin and cmd at the end of the string like this: (Add them separately.)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd
    Last edited by Syphex; 03-05-2016 at 07:50 AM.
    Achievements:
    Member 1 year registered Level XL Level C

Original Poster
    Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Tommy</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphex View Post
    I Realized that in thew new Git Version you have to add the path yourself.^

Note: You must have msysgit installed on your machine. Also, the path to my git install is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Git" yours might be different. Please check were yours is before continuing.

Open Windows Environment Variables/Path Window
    Right-Click on My Computer
    Click Advanced System Settings link from the left side column
    Click Environment Variables in the bottom of the window
    Then under System Variables look for the path variable and click edit
    Add the pwd to git's bin and cmd at the end of the string like this: (Add them separately.)
    CMake only checks for the GIT_EXECUTABLE (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't even check the Path system variable for the entry. Look at FindGit.cmake in macros) which by default is located in "C:/Program Files/Git/cmd/git.exe" (or where ever you installed it). The system variable that Git does add is "C:\Program Files\Git\cmd" (or your installation path) inside of "Path" variable. I installed new version of Git and it successfully added "C:\Program Files\Git\cmd" to my Path system variable and nothing else since that's all it should ever need. This "msysgit" is not at all needed, why do you think it is needed? Never heard of it and if any of this was really required I would've added up top.

Installed new version of Git and CMake, reconfigured and generated on a fresh source, paths are the way they should be. As far as I see the installation process hasn't changed a bit. Either you install Git incorrectly or something of yours messed up pretty badly for you to include all of that. TrinityCore is very specific in its CMake process and quite-frankly you don't even need Git in the long run to compile your source, but it is recommended to include Git.

If all of that is require for other projects then add it for your own sake, but as for WoW emulators go, I've never had to include those to make it work.

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    That is true, but i've had that problem for over a year on 4 different computers. Altrough i've followed guides and videos.
    But it works after that and i had no problem with it, even if i installed it wrong i yet have to have a problem with it.
    It's just a good way for people who do have the same problem as me, even through they have followed guides and videos but end up with it like i did.

Thread Information