I'm getting errors
- OpenSSL could not be found: Make sure you installed it and be sure you installed the correct bit (32/64 bit, whatever you are compiling in).
- Could not find ZMQ libraries/headers: Make sure you installed ZMQ. View Required Programs above.
- No C/CXX compiler could be found: Make sure you've ran Visual Studio at least once before using CMake. If you are still getting the error you most likely missed some necessities. Typically you can launch Visual Studio, click New Project, select Visual C++ and you will see the required necessities to install.
- GIT not found: Make sure you installed Git, the link is above. If you're still receiving this error, follow my post here.
- I'm getting boost errors: Boost error solutions can be found in How to install and setup Boost thread.
- If you are receiving errors not on this list make a new support thread here.
Specifying your paths
Where is the source code: Source code path should be linked to your TrinityCore/ source folder. Do not link the path anywhere else other than TrinityCore/ since it contains the main CMakeLists.txt.
For example, I cloned my TrinityCore source to my desktop, so my source path would be:
Where to build the binaries: This will be your build folder. It can be anywhere, but it is best to just create the folder in your TrinityCore/ source folder. That's what I do.
(NOTE: If you move this folder manually it is best to just delete the old build folder and rerun CMake to the new build folder location.)
I use Visual Studio 2015, so the compiler option is Visual Studio 14 2015. Above, under "Required Programs" are the recommend visual studio versions. If you cannot find the correct generator make sure your CMake version supports the version of Visual Studio.
Bubble option: Choose "Use default native compilers" and click 'Finish'.
After that, click on "Generate". It will start Configuring and Generating.
If you check "Advanced" in CMake (if not already checked) you will see different options. Don't mess with anything unless you know what you're doing. If you want to compile "Tools" check "Tools" and there's other options you might want to check (typically at the bottom of the list).
If you need any help, scroll up to "I'm getting errors" part of this tutorial.