User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2 - Increased Population Cap Modification

EmuDevs Admin <span style='color: #FF4500'><span class='glow_FF0000'>Tommy</span></span>'s Avatar

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    RPG
    Easelm
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Member of Staff Support Smartass LOL Scripter Repacker Most Posts Facepalm! Average Top Discussion Ender Da Bomb!
    Got a Sticky! Popular! 500 Experience Points Referrer 10,000 Experience Posts! Level 40 Member 1 year registered

Company of Heroes 2 - Increased Population Cap Modification

This will increase your max population cap to 300 in Company of Heroes 2. However, if you want to increase the population cap even further, you can extract the .sga file located in the PopcapMod/Archives/ with Santo's TOOLS, then you can increase the population to whatever you want and convert it back to a .sga with COH2_SGABUILDER_TOOL

COH2 Population Cap Modification Download

INSTALLATION:

(STEAM):

1. Extract the files into your Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes\ directory.
    2. Find your game shortcut in your steam library.
    2. Right click it and click on 'SET LAUNCH OPTIONS'
    3. Put -mod popcapmod inside of the box that pops up.
    4. Click OK and you're done. Launch the game have enjoy!
    (NON-STEAM):

1. Extract contents of the downloaded .zip archive to your Company of Heroes 2 installation directory and create a new shortcut to RelicCoH2.exe
    One way of making a new shortcut:
    -Right click on RelicCoH2.exe and select Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)
    -Default path to Company of Heroes 2 installation folder in Windows 7 is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\
    -RelicCoH2.exe is located in this folder.

2. Right click on your newly created shortcut. Select Properties.
    3. Add -mod popcapmod after the last quotation mark in Field called "Target" under "Shortcut" Tab. Notice the space before last quotation mark and -mod.
    3 EXAMPLE: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\RelicCoH2.exe" -mod popcapmod
    4. Press Apply and OK
    5. Double click the shortcut to launch Company of Heroes 2.

TOOL INFORMATION:

Santo's TOOLS, allows you to extract the .sga file located in "PopcapMod/Archives/". Once you extract the .sga file, search for "Player_SetPopCapOverride(player, 300);" and change "300" to whatever you want it to be.

COH2_SGABUILDER_TOOL, allows you to build your edited file back into .sga. Replace your old .sga file with your new one and have fun!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Tommy; 11-30-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Owner of EmuDevs
    View the Rules before making any decision on EmuDevs.
    Turn AdBlock off to support the site.
    Check our Twitter Page for information regarding EmuDevs downtime, maintenance or 'WHATS NEW'.
    ------------------------EmuDevs FAQ-------------------------------------
    ------------------------EmuDevs "other" sites----------------------------
    EmuDevs SQL Generator
    EmuDevs Paste
    EmuDevs Reviews
    EmuDevs Requests
    EmuDevs Topsite (advertise your private servers or other content here)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommy For This Useful Post:

ED Network Admin <span style='color: #FF4500'><span class='glow_FF0000'>Faded</span></span>'s Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    RPG
    Obliterate
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Member of Staff Support Smartass LOL Scripter Repacker Picasso Most Threads Facepalm! Pot Head On the fly
    Got a Sticky! Popular! Referrer 500 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Posts! Conversationalist Level 40 Member 1 year registered
    You can also raise your resources in the same code by doing:

Code:
    Player_SetResource(player, RT_Manpower, #)
    Player_SetResource(player, RT_Munition, #)
    Player_SetResource(player, RT_Fuel, #)
    just replace # with the number amount you want.

[ faded@emudevs.com ]

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ED Network █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    SQL Generator Paste Requests Reviews
    Toplist Web RPG Raffle Wiki

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Faded For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 27.8%
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    3 months registered Level 2
    I cant get your mod to work?

I have followed all steps you listed and the game wont even lunch when I add the "-mod popcapmod" to the target location.

Please help, the pop cap is killing me.

EmuDevs Admin <span style='color: #FF4500'><span class='glow_FF0000'>Tommy</span></span>'s Avatar

RPG
    Easelm
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Member of Staff Support Smartass LOL Scripter Repacker Most Posts Facepalm! Average Top Discussion Ender Da Bomb!
    Got a Sticky! Popular! 500 Experience Points Referrer 10,000 Experience Posts! Level 40 Member 1 year registered
    Where did you add it, steam or a desktop shortcut? After adding it, did you run it as administrator? Also, make sure you put the files in the right place.

Owner of EmuDevs
    Check our Twitter Page for information regarding EmuDevs downtime, maintenance or 'WHATS NEW'.
    EmuDevs SQL Generator
    EmuDevs Paste
    EmuDevs Reviews
    EmuDevs Requests

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 27.8%
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    3 months registered Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Where did you add it, steam or a desktop shortcut? After adding it, did you run it as administrator? Also, make sure you put the files in the right place.

I extracted the files into the COH2 Directory (the mod folder and file) then I added the -mod target to the launcher on both steam and desktop and tried both ways, nether worked. When I try to open in on the desktop I get a "bug splat" error report popup. When I open it on steam it acts like it wants to open and runs what appears to be a update that will not work.

RPG
    Easelm
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO Ghost View Post
    I extracted the files into the COH2 Directory (the mod folder and file) then I added the -mod target to the launcher on both steam and desktop and tried both ways, nether worked. When I try to open in on the desktop I get a "bug splat" error report popup. When I open it on steam it acts like it wants to open and runs what appears to be a update that will not work.
    Both Faded and I never received that issue. But, the game is very sensitive. I mean very, very sensitive. All we did was add the -mod popcapmod to our launch options, started the game and it worked the first time.

Owner of EmuDevs
    EmuDevs SQL Generator
    EmuDevs Paste
    EmuDevs Reviews
    EmuDevs Requests

ED Network Admin <span style='color: #FF4500'><span class='glow_FF0000'>Faded</span></span>'s Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    RPG
    Obliterate
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Member of Staff Support Smartass LOL Scripter Repacker Picasso Most Threads Facepalm! Pot Head On the fly
    Got a Sticky! Popular! Referrer 500 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Posts! Conversationalist Level 40 Member 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO Ghost View Post
    Your mod is like this right?

If you're getting an instant bugsplat while launching it via desktop then the mod isn't getting read. Are you getting a COH2 update every time you run it with steam?

[ faded@emudevs.com ]

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ED Network █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    SQL Generator Paste Requests Reviews
    Toplist Web RPG Raffle Wiki

Thread Information