This will increase your max population cap to 300 in Company of Heroes 2. However, if you want to increase the population cap even further, you can extract the .sga file located in the PopcapMod/Archives/ with Santo's TOOLS, then you can increase the population to whatever you want and convert it back to a .sga with COH2_SGABUILDER_TOOL
COH2 Population Cap Modification Download
(NON-STEAM):1. Extract the files into your Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes\ directory.
2. Find your game shortcut in your steam library.
2. Right click it and click on 'SET LAUNCH OPTIONS'
3. Put -mod popcapmod inside of the box that pops up.
4. Click OK and you're done. Launch the game have enjoy!
1. Extract contents of the downloaded .zip archive to your Company of Heroes 2 installation directory and create a new shortcut to RelicCoH2.exe
One way of making a new shortcut:
-Right click on RelicCoH2.exe and select Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)
-Default path to Company of Heroes 2 installation folder in Windows 7 is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\
-RelicCoH2.exe is located in this folder.
2. Right click on your newly created shortcut. Select Properties.
3. Add -mod popcapmod after the last quotation mark in Field called "Target" under "Shortcut" Tab. Notice the space before last quotation mark and -mod.
3 EXAMPLE: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\RelicCoH2.exe" -mod popcapmod
4. Press Apply and OK
5. Double click the shortcut to launch Company of Heroes 2.
Santo's TOOLS, allows you to extract the .sga file located in "PopcapMod/Archives/". Once you extract the .sga file, search for "Player_SetPopCapOverride(player, 300);" and change "300" to whatever you want it to be.
COH2_SGABUILDER_TOOL, allows you to build your edited file back into .sga. Replace your old .sga file with your new one and have fun!
There has been some updates to WorldBuilder so when you edit the Player_SetPopCapOverride() you need to
completely remove that line and add the following:
Obviously change the g_popCapOverRide amount to what you prefer.Code:g_popCapOverRide = 500 for i = 1, World_GetPlayerCount() do local player = World_GetPlayerAt(i) Player_SetPopCapOverride(player, g_popCapOverRide) end
You can also add when you are making a custom map. You simply add it to the (mapname)_ID.scar under
function OnInitID() AFTER you save the map and BEFORE you export the map package.