User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [C#][Source] Cataclysm Launcher

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Could be the way the downloader works or is coded. I honestly think there's a much user-friendly way in patch downloading than how he has it in this launcher.
    Exactly my thoughts. I spent probably 5 hours figuring in-game patching system, but that ended up in a fail. I'm mostly curious as to WHY it's doing it because whenever I plan to distribute it, it's going to be a little annoying. Maybe a .rar will suffice, and let people do a virustotal scan themselves to see if it's infected or not.

Ah well. Thanks regardless, Tommy.

Founder <span style='color: #FF4500'>Tommy</span>'s Avatar
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycle View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. I spent probably 5 hours figuring in-game patching system, but that ended up in a fail. I'm mostly curious as to WHY it's doing it because whenever I plan to distribute it, it's going to be a little annoying. Maybe a .rar will suffice, and let people do a virustotal scan themselves to see if it's infected or not.

Ah well. Thanks regardless, Tommy.
    You can use the launcher I made for EmuDevs server if you want. I coded a patch system myself that I think is somewhat decent. I commented important parts of the source code so you know what does what.

I'd hate to take the glory away from the actual launcher in this thread, but it seems a lot of people are having so many issues with the patch system implemented.

Download: http://dl.emudevs.com/EDLauncher.rar

Enjoy.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommy For This Useful Post:

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    You can use the launcher I made for EmuDevs server if you want. I coded a patch system myself that I think is somewhat decent. I commented important parts of the source code so you know what does what.

I'd hate to take the glory away from the actual launcher in this thread, but it seems a lot of people are having so many issues with the patch system implemented.

Download: http://dl.emudevs.com/EDLauncher.rar

Enjoy.
    Cheers mate. Thanks!
    Last edited by Byrddawg; 02-28-2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Removed Pictrure
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Level X

Emulation Addict
    XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Hey Tommy, thank you so much for your launcher code. It helps a lot!

I have one question however; My server requires a custom wow.exe to be used with the patches. How can I make it so that the launcher also downloads the .exe?

EDIT: It also doen't seem to display the download progress percentage when downloading the patch for the first time. IT does display the download percentage when I release an update.
    Last edited by Realmlist; 04-08-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Level V

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Realmlist View Post
    Hey Tommy, thank you so much for your launcher code. It helps a lot!

I have one question however; My server requires a custom wow.exe to be used with the patches. How can I make it so that the launcher also downloads the .exe?

EDIT: It also doen't seem to display the download progress percentage when downloading the patch for the first time. IT does display the download percentage when I release an update.
    Heh, what's funny is the original source code of EDLauncher did exactly that; however, when I edited it for this particular thread I forgot to backup the original source.

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Heh, what's funny is the original source code of EDLauncher did exactly that; however, when I edited it for this particular thread I forgot to backup the original source.
    Does it support multi-file downloading just by adding a new line on the xml or do I need to modify the src for that? Installing VS back atm so I can't test :D

XP
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycle View Post
    Does it support multi-file downloading just by adding a new line on the xml or do I need to modify the src for that? Installing VS back atm so I can't test :D
    Nope, you'd have to create a new node for that. I guess if I had more than 2 files that players have to download I would've made it more dynamic/better.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information