Alright. I looked through everything and found out exactly what you are supposed to do. I read the OP's first post and it told me exactly what to do to make patch downloading work.
As Mitch describes in his post, you're supposed to download Distribute Patches.exe and use that to input:
- Load Patches File = The .txt file that the patch details will be saved to, e.g. patches.txt
- Patch File = The file of the patch that will be downloaded
- MD5 Hash = Automatically filled in based on "Patch File"
- Patch Url = Url to the "Patch File"
And then generate the patches.txt (or .txt) file, upload it to your webserver and then upload your patch.MPQ file on your webserver.
Here's what I did:
Edited Launcher.exe.config patchDownloadURL setting and set the value to the patches.txt file:
Then I added my patch information into Distribute_Patches.exe and then uploaded everything via FTP.
<setting name="patchDownloadURL" serializeAs="String">
And it works just fine:
No issue at all with the code. This is just a did not read moment. :P