Programs you need:
GitExtensions - http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/
Visual C++ 2010 Express (I prefer 2012) - http://www.microsoft.com/express/Dow...010-Visual-CPP
MySQL Server Community Edition - http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
SQLYog - http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/downloads/list
HeidiSQL - http://www.heidisql.com/download.php
MySQL Workbench - http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
NET Framework 3.5 (For Visual Studio 2012 you need 4.5 or 4.0 can't remember) - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
CMake - http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
OpenSSL - http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
Grabing the source code:
You need to create a new folder anywhere you would like and name it whatever you want.
Now you need to right click on the folder you made and click GitEx Clone.
Fill it in just like this:
Repository to clone: https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git
Destination: YOUR FOLDER YOU CREATED
Subdirectory to create: <none>
Personal Repository: Yes
Now you can click CLONE and this will take a minute depending on your computer.
Creating the Build files:
1. Open CMake and in the top right corner you will see "Browse Source" and "Browse Build".
2. Click "Browse Source" and find the folder you created. (Example: C:/TrinityCore)
3. Create a new folder called "Build" where you want. Prefered to have it by your Source folder.
4. Click "Browse Build" and find the build folder you just created.
5. Now click "Configure" in CMake and make sure that you have the right generator checked. Visual Studio 10 or Visual Studio 11 (VS11 is for Visual C++ 2012).
6. Now click "Finish" and it should have no errors.
7. Click "Configure" one more time and then click "Generate".
Compiling the Source:
Go into the folder "Build" and find TrinityCore.sln and open it up.
Find this in Visual Studio C++ 2012 or 2010:
Change that to say Release and your ready for the next step.
Once that is done you don't have to do anything except press "F7".
If you have done this right it should say "Build Started".
Depending once again on your computer (this can take a couple minutes) it should have stopped and you should see a message like this:
========== Build: 14 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 4 skipped ==========
If some are skipped don't worry that doesnt mean anything.
Putting the source to use:
1. Go into your "Build" folder and go to this directory: (C:\Build\bin\Release), yours wont be the same as mine.
2. You will have a couple files:
3. You need to edit the worlserver.conf.dist and remove the .dist, also do the same with authserver.conf.dist.
4. Now you need to download the databases: http://www.trinitycore.org/f/files/f...-full-updates/
5. Install them and run all the updates.
6. Launch authserver.exe and worldserver.exe and create your account by typing .account create Admin Admin in the WorldServer.exe