View Full Version : TrinityCore 3.3.5 How to update my customized core and database ?

09-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Hello people! I am sorry if its already posted(i've searched around without a result..) but im wondering how to update my core and database to the final version of TC 3.3.5 ? The thing is i have edited some core scripts (like Player.h) and i dont know how to run them on new fresh downloaded TC source ? The next coming matter is how to update the database too without loosing my custom creatures,items and db edits? :ballchain:

09-03-2016, 06:28 PM
You could stash your core edits, pull from TC's branch and update it that way. Database updates are normally basic UPDATE, DELETE and INSERT queries so they won't have a real impact over your database unless they update an entire table/alter database structure, etc. Next best thing is to cherry-pick updates.

09-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Sorry for my poor english but what does

You could stash your core edits

Next best thing is to cherry-pick updates.
means ? That i could save all my core work to a folder and every time to edit the new updated one ?

Edit: Forgot to ask, what is the whole procedure for updating ? Pull the source with GIT and replace the old one and rerun cmake ?