View Full Version : [SOLVED] Custom Instance Portal?

10-28-2014, 02:50 AM
Hey there Emudevs!

I am currently looking to make a custom instance portal. I just dont know where to start unfortunately. What I want is for a player to run into the portal, just like an instance portal, and be teleported from point A to point B. Would this be done server sided or database sided? I've tried a lot of things but nothing has worked so far, so a push in the right direction would be wonderful.

Thank you in advance!

10-28-2014, 03:10 AM
That's called an areatrigger. Take a look at this: http://collab.kpsn.org/display/tc/areatrigger_teleport

10-28-2014, 03:19 AM
Ok I see. So I will have to do a DBC edit for the server and I suppose add an area trigger within the database as well. I guess what I am confused about is how do you place an area trigger? I see there is a target location; where the player is being teleported to, but how do I place it. For example, I am making the uninstanced version of Zul'Gurub my starting zone for new players. When they get to a certain level, I want them to go though a portal placed down at a certain spot and teleport them to lets say the Barrens.

10-28-2014, 04:07 AM
I think areatriggers can be done via script, if you don't mind cheap workarounds.
Like, just a cheap one with a bunny NPC near an instance portal with some code like

if _plr->IsWithinDistOfMap(30.0f) && _plr->IsInGroup() == true{
note that that code won't work as is and you'll have to improve it.

10-28-2014, 07:26 PM
Hmm I think I will give that a shot, I dont mind using scripts hehe. I totally forgot that a bunny is required, I feel really dumb right now. Thanks for reminding me and clarifying that haha.