View Full Version : Strategic Battle

06-18-2013, 03:20 AM
Hey guys! I've been working on this lately and I'm excited to get people to test this and have fun with the Strategic battle I came up with.

Now, I don't know what to really call this event! The game is similar to a flash game I played years ago and I decided to make it for everyone to use.

What you have is players on both sides:

The left player is player one and the right player is player two. Player one has a strategy of defense or attack. You can purchase spike defense that lay spike bombs around your base to protect it. The main concept of this game is to defeat the player's minion. Doing so will result in a win and rewards at the end. Player Two has the same concept of Player One, but it has the option to spawn Totem towers to protect their base.

This event is as you would say is in a testing stage.

Let's take you into more in-depth explanation, shall we?

Player one must start the game, player two cannot access their menu until player one has registered and started.

This is because at least one player will have control over the game to start it. Now, once player one has registered (by clicking his minion):

You have a certain amount of units (Units may change during development). The [X] (X = any number) represents how many units will spawn whilst in the queue. A QUEUE!? Yes, a queue.

After purchasing a unit, it will be placed into a queue until all [X] has been spawned, you can only have your queue size at 3, meaning you can only have 3 units (don't forget the [X]) in the queue. Let's say I spawned death dragons, I hit the gossip menu twice, putting the queue size at 2 but spawning 6 units) spawned. It erases the creature from the queue after it spawns.

Towers cost 5 resources, each tower has their own spell to cast on the enemy. You can only have a maximum of 4 towers spawned. To see how many towers you have spawned, click on your Main minion and on the bottom under 'STATS', you will see 'Towers Remaining'.

Player One Units (subject to change):

Undead Beast

Undead Troll

Undead Crypto

Spike Defense Tower

Boss [Unknown]

Player Two Units (subject to change):

Armored Viking

Totem Defense Tower

Boss [Unknown]

Player One units will be more of a Undead type units.
Player Two units will be more of a Vrykul type units.

Each player has a boss they can summon, but each unit and including the boss requires resources to purchase. You will be able to view your resources in your minion's gossip menu.

EmuDevs - TrinityCore Projects / Others (https://github.com/EmuDevs/TrinityCore/tree/master/335a)

You can give suggestions (not stupid suggestions) on how to make this better! It has been finished and is ready for people to test it thoroughly.

06-18-2013, 05:53 AM
:UUUU nice Tommy, something like that old game Heroes!

06-18-2013, 06:11 AM
:UUUU nice Tommy, something like that old game Heroes!

Yeah! GET SUM! <3

06-20-2013, 07:52 PM
This is really nice!

06-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks, update is coming soon!

07-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Updates will be here when I have time! I've been going through a few times, but company is holding me back! Dayum people. :/

07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
ew ma gawd, nice .. nice

07-14-2013, 05:59 PM

I have uncommitted changes! I'll commit once I'm done.

10-30-2013, 06:24 AM
Did some small updates to this. I'm getting ready to finish it up, so keep a look out tomorrow for a major update / completion of this strategic battle event!

10-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Updated the main post.

I committed some changes today: https://github.com/EmuDevs/TrinityCore/commit/519635e8a964bc8622ea0107a53490fe0a5e0051 -- I added SQL files that you will need for the creatures. This event is playable, but needs to be updated with resource spending and making the towers spawn / attack. After those, it should be good to go. \o/

10-31-2013, 05:04 PM
New update:

You can now view your resources and score. I also implemented how many resources you need to buy units.

I tried to buy a unit above my resource count, didn't go too well:

Updated with what I mentioned above: https://github.com/EmuDevs/TrinityCore/commit/bb075d285d04fcbb9db29160b42c5eccb64b03bc

I need to do some other stuff, but tomorrow I will finish up the tower stuff, that's the only thing that needs to be fixed up.

10-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Looking awesome

11-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Updated with working Tower support:

You can only spawn a maximum of 4 towers.

New update is out with Tower Support: https://github.com/EmuDevs/TrinityCore/commit/b56e43f8e6dbeb6d7cd63749e26b17441f8e7afc