View Full Version : [SOLVED] I need some DBC help/ideas

03-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Trinity 4.3.4

I have duplicated a Spell.dbc ID and changed this and that .ect for it to work ingame,
it has been tested and works perfectly. Now the problem is that the SpellDuration.dbc
doesn't take effect on my duplicated/custom spell.dbc ID. The spell works i need help
with changing the CUSTOM ID's spell duration.

Ingame Picture.

Spell.dbc Picture.

03-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Without going in-depth and looking at the tables here's what could fix your error.
When you duplicate a spell it doesn't always work like the original, I've duplicated plenty of spells and just expected them to work and they generally do not. I'm assuming that the SpellDuration.dbc value is a value that was either used for other spells, or is the original value that you want changed. If so, go into the duration table and create a custom entry with it's own timer and link that to your spell. Also, try to make the duration shorter and see if it changes?

It could be something as simple as you are applying the duration to the spell and not the Aura that is given upon casting, I'm not at my PC or I would take a look. Try a custom value in the Duration table and see if it changes.

03-03-2014, 12:44 PM
I've already tried that before actually changing it to an original ID in the duration table. The SpellDuration.dbc tables don't connect to anything like SpellEffect.dbc connects to Spell.dbc. Having a custom SpellDuration.dbc ID makes no difference.

1 ID Integer
2 BaseDuration Integer
3 PerLevel Integer
4 MaxDuration Integer

Update: I changed the Base Duration and Max Duration on SpellDuration.dbc ID "1" which is the original spells "107082" SpellDuration.dbc ID and it didn't work.

03-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Last time i messed with it, you could set the spell duration within spell. Dbc itself.

03-03-2014, 02:57 PM
The only thing i can see that connects to the duration of the spell in spell.dbc is column 13 "SpellDuration.dbc".

03-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Gaaaahh no ideas for this simple issue /cry

Update: Omg yes it was really that simple!?!? i just needed to hard-code the custom spell in the core and now the duration of the spell is on my character for 24 hours.

Mark as solved/closed :D Thank you all who tried figuring this out with me.

03-05-2014, 11:55 AM
uhm yeah... that's not really the "good" way to do it, but it is an option yeah, since the core makes the final decisions, DBC's are just dumb data containers.

Marking as solved