View Full Version : [SOLVED] Aggressive NPC Problem

03-01-2014, 04:20 AM
Hello Emudevs, I am currently having an very annoying problem with NPC's not being aggressive, I am thinking it has something to do with waypoints but I am not entirely sure.

It's happening with multiple NPC's.

NPC 1: NPC one has a waypoint set and seems as if it is aggressive when you see it (Red, etc) But then when you go close to it it does nothing, actually when you attack it you enter and leave combat almost instantaneously.

NPC 2: NPC two also has a waypoint set and the exact same thing as I said above.

NPC 3: NPC 3 is a group of monsters but only one individual NPC has a waypoint set. They do not aggro unless you attack them first, but what I want is them to be aggressive whenever someone is in range.

Their faction ID is 16.

Thanks for reading,

~ Zoc.

03-01-2014, 05:50 AM
Are these custom npcs or all npcs? Have you tried different factions such as 14? Is this with a fresh TrinityCore compile & database?

03-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Custom NPC's. Yes I tried another ID still the same problem. This isn't with a brand new trinity core compile but is fairly new (Compile shouldn't be the problem), same with the database.

03-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Do you have any custom scripts or SAI on them? Any custom modifications that could cause this?

03-01-2014, 09:37 PM
No, I have tried using AggressiveAI and SmartAI to see if it would help, but no luck. I will post their database stats but I am pretty sure it's because of the waypoint.

Edit: I've fixed it I practically stuffed around with everything on the npc and it worked. Thanks for your help and time.

03-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Glad it's working now. Marking as solved.