View Full Version : [SOLVED] How To Nerf Or Buff Spell and Clases?

02-09-2014, 05:18 PM
So as the title says i want to know how to nerf or buff spells.
I know i have to edit the spell in spell.dbc but i dont really know what to edit.If anyone can explain me what do i need to change, would be great.
I also want to know if it's possible to buff or nerf the whole class dmg so i dont have to edit each spell of that class.

Thank you for your help.

02-09-2014, 05:36 PM
you can modify spells dmg in the table spells_dbc under the dmg multiplyer* iirc :D

no need to edit dbc files

my head dev uses the table to buff/nerf spells

02-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Well it's possible through the table called "Spell_Bonus_Data"
- Be aware that not all the spells can get changed there, rest can for example get changed in core.

I wouldn't suggest doing it through spell.dbc, but db & core instead.

If you want I can be more specefic and give examples in core of a buffed / nerfed spell of mine, just let me know if you're interested.

02-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Yeahh i know not all the spells can be changed in Spell_Bonus_Data and i dont want to go into the core eather because im sure i will mess things up so if you can show me some exemples would be great.

02-09-2014, 08:23 PM
I have no idea how many time i'm gonna say it but here we go : YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EDIT ANY DBC, there is spellmgr.cpp for that

02-10-2014, 02:33 AM
It's a bit more complicated than telling you edit X to lower damage etc.It all depends on the spell really :/

02-10-2014, 04:36 AM
i know but if i have some exemples i can figure it out myself