View Full Version : [SOLVED] Grant me no armor?

02-03-2014, 02:50 PM
So, I recently modified the "Vengeful Gladiator's Silk" armor stats lower than it's original value. When I take the item(s) on, I don't gain any armor from it, and if I take any other item on while I'm wearing one of the "Vengeful Gladiator's Silk" items, it wont give me any armor. I even have minus (-) armor.

Screenshot: http://oi59.tinypic.com/23suj6b.jpg

Would appreciate help. :)

02-03-2014, 03:30 PM
You seem to have modified them too low ;p

Seriously, though. Have you checked in the database recently that there are values assigned to the items or has 'form autofill' possibly struck again. You would be surprised how many times db's have been half wiped because your browser is 'smart' enough to remember how you fill out form like sites and will helpfully fill out any fields that even slightly resemble something it has seen before and unhelpfully leaving blank any other unrecognised field.

Other than that, I would open the worldserver .sql and find (Ctrl-F) the sections which insert those items and modify them, insert and restart servers and services.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

02-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Interesting.. interesting ..
Indeed some problem with something else than the item armor value.

Not only does it change the armor value to 0, it also messes up armor when unequipping the gear.
I had 80 armor, I equipped full gear, had 0 armor, took it all off, had 800 (around) armor..
Then I equipped shoulders and had 0 armor again, took them off and I got around 80 armor again :3

Conveniently ArmorDamageModifier is not documented :)

Ok ok, I see..
Armor cant be negative and there is this in the core:
else if (armor && proto->ArmorDamageModifier)
armor -= uint32(proto->ArmorDamageModifier);

This means that ..
You should remove ArmorDamageModifier from the item or have it at LEAST the same or higher than the base armor value of the item.
:) Try it

02-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Uh .. bump if someone didnt note my 2-4 edits

02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
I can't seem to understand what you want me to do. There is nothing wrong with the values in item_template.

02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Check ArmorDamageModifier column in DB.
Set it to 0 or at least <= what the armor value is.
ArmorDamageModifier <= armor

02-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Worked like a charm. Thnx guys. <3