View Full Version : player set free talent points

01-17-2014, 04:45 AM
anyone else come across an issue with modified talent points not showing in the Unspent talents until 1 is actually spent?

here is what I am using:

function Commands(event, player, message, type, language)
if(message == "#reset") then
local Tp = (78+(ACCT[player:GetAccountId()].Vip*14))
player:SetFreeTalentPoints(Tp, 0)
player:SetFreeTalentPoints(Tp, 1)
player:SendBroadcastMessage("|cff00cc00All your talents are reseted!|r")
return false;
RegisterPlayerEvent(18, Commands)

it works fine. talents reset and the amount of talents get modified. the glitch is that at lvl 80 I only see 71 unspent points until I actually spend 1 then it changes to the modified value minus the spent 1. if I use the preview talent changes it will not show the real amount until they get spent.
its not really an issue since the core knows it has a modified amount . its just a visual annoyance lol

01-17-2014, 05:04 AM
How many talent points are you supposed to have at level 80 and does every player have that amount at that level? Or is it a vip thing?

01-17-2014, 05:07 AM
its just a vip modifier. base wil be 71 without any moding. just wondering if its like a buffer issue not transfer info in sync or something but again it works fine just throws you off at first until you actally spend a talent point then you see your proper amount with the modifier.
wondering if there is a way to refresh that ?core table entry? data.
so last line will refresh visual data.

01-17-2014, 05:11 AM
I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that's something that you're just going to have to deal with.

01-17-2014, 05:53 AM
lol yea I was figuring like I said its just a visual annoyance but if there is a work around .. hay :D
thank you :D

01-17-2014, 09:42 AM
The update msg is missing.
Adding that now.

01-17-2014, 01:31 PM
wooohoooooo kewl ty
now of to compile .....again lol
just wasn't sure if I could force that to refresh its value from within the lua.

01-17-2014, 04:16 PM
ok grabbed the latest repo, compiled, tested.. woohooooo its fixed now when the script resets and modifies the players talent points it updates the visual too .

ty :D