View Full Version : RegisterServerHook a nil value

01-12-2014, 06:37 PM
So I just compiled my own and first repack and installed eluna, so I tried to add the Transmogrification script from Rochet2, but in the world I get this error; Error loading file "lua_scripts/Transmogrification.lua".
Lua_scripts\Transmogrification.lua:481: attempt to call global "RegisterServerHook" <a nil value>.

Any help would be appreciated ! :)

01-12-2014, 06:42 PM
It's RegisterServerEvent. Read the wiki: http://wiki.emudevs.com/doku.php?id=eluna_server_events

01-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Hmm, it worked but I got a new error :b, Unknown type < regtype 0, id 0, event 74

01-12-2014, 07:41 PM
I fixed the registers and the bag methods.
Try now:

Did not test it

01-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Looking good when I reload in world :), but I think my npc is not set up correctly :b

It works!

Thanks for the help :)

01-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Hi guys, does this methods fixed in MaNGOS One?

01-12-2014, 09:06 PM
The mangos one version should work on mangos one.
I just had not updated the wotlk version yet.

The difference with TBC and wotlk versions are the IDs of the fields the client uses.
Other than that, the functions etc should all be same on mangos (TBC and wotlk) as well as TC (wotlk and cata) and all have them added.

01-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Offtop: Is there is a post/guide how to compile MaNGOSOne (TBC) Eluna Core? Cant find it.

01-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I also had a hard time looking for an offical one.
I found it on the offical repo I think .. on github wiki pages, and then midway through I realized someone had taken my guide from sickind there ...
and possibly made some changes.

I am pretty sure it works as it used to and how you would expect it to.
You can pretty much follow this:
For example for windows wotlk I just get the source(s), go to win folder, use the ready solution to compile it, go to SD2, compile it and move the needed files and create DBC and maps and such with the extractors.
The guide is from 2010, so use some common sense if something isnt where the guide says it is etc. :P

.. Salja and others can possibly guide you more on TBC and linux.. Make a thread if you dont get something :3
Should be able to find some guides by searching the mangos websites (there are at least 2 I visited when looking for guides)

01-13-2014, 03:05 PM
i will make a guide on the next weeks for linux and windows =)