View Full Version : Scripts not working? Or did I just mess up?

01-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Well hello everyone, today I finally saw Eluna was released(I been away from the emu scene since Eluna was being worked on and there was no release). Before I complain about my scrub issues most likely let me say congrats and amazing work when I first read the post about Eluna I thought it was bs or not gonna come through like every other project or attempt of bringing lua to trinity/mangos. You've surpassed my expectations and never seen something like this done before, hats down to you.
Now everything went through successfully with the compile I have someones world chat lua script that was posted here, sorry for not saying the creators name I honestly don't remember even though I downloaded them 10 minutes ago and to lazy to go and look at your names, sorry. :P
That seemed to work fine, I then put in a advanced buff, random battles, guild warz and a learn spells on level up but none of them seem to work. Whenever I for example do the command for the buff or random battles nothing happens. And I have no options as a guild master to do anything for guild warz and in the database for it I see a guild but that was put in by the creator of it I believe since i didn't make a guild name server. Does that mean I have to manually add in the guilds?

01-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi Cha0tic,

What do you mean by compiling the scripts ? Lua scripts just need to be added inside the destined folder in trinity root. Are you talking about lua scripts or C++ scripts ?

Also, does the worldserver show any errors on startup when it tries to load the lua scripts ?
Could you show the errors if there are any related to the lua/c++ scripts ?

I had the same issues with the buff script and whatnot, maybe they aren't ported for trinity...

01-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Sorry I meant when compiling Eluna everything with smooth, I added the scripts into the lua scripts folder.
I don't see how they wouldn't be ported if the creator released them here in the eluna lua section.
And no I don't see any errors when it starts up.

01-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Well, I was just saying. What scripts are you refering to and what errors do you encounter ?

LE:If you are referring to this Guild Warz (http://emudevs.com/showthread.php/2260-Eluna-Grumbo-z-Guild-Warz) script, than this is for Arc Emu not TC

01-08-2014, 08:51 PM
I apologize if I came off as sounding snobby, that was not my intentions. :)
These are the scripts

01-08-2014, 09:01 PM
The Random Battles script is not updated for the new hook rewrite we did in December, I wouldn't use that script anymore anyway as it's pretty shit honestly :P The Guild Warz script, if you go ingame, and in /g type info, it should show you info about the current zone. If this happens, then you're good to go with that script at least and it should work :) Nothing needs to be manually edited in the database unless you want to change some of the commands or costs.

Advanced buff and spell on level I haven't personally tested, however as long as nothing errors in the command line, everything should work as intended, especially if your world chat script works :)

01-08-2014, 09:03 PM
No need for apologize, I was trying to get more info about what you were doing.
Sorry for misleading you, the guild housing script is for TC, I see.

It's awkward not receiving errors and still not to function.

I'm not really sure if the commands should work without being added on core side so I won't make any further comment, hope I'm not the only one reading your thread ;)

01-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Just had a look at spell on level up and advanced buff script, neither are updated to the new hook system. To change this, change "RegisterServerHook" at the botton of the script to "RegisterPlayerEvent"

01-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks foereaper, by any chance is the enchant visual updated? I have it in the scripts but haven't tested it yet Would it work if you just do .additem? Or would you not know that much about it since it isn't your script
How easy would picking up eluna lua scripting be? I use to script lua back in luahyp or whatever it was called for ArcEmu.
As for the random battle, I thought it would make a cool feature to improve on.http://emudevs.com/showthread.php/53-Lua-Enchant-visual-system-and-gossip

01-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Enchant visual is not updated, but I see Rochet lurking this thread, so I'm sure he'll update it for you :) Scripting with Eluna is the same concept as both ALE and LHA, just with a different API. All the methods/hooks are posted on the wiki, however not all of them are documented yet.

01-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Hmm, Ill fix both scripts (The gossip (http://emudevs.com/showthread.php/53-Lua-Enchant-visual-system-and-gossip)and the on loot visuals (http://emudevs.com/showthread.php/53-Lua-Enchant-visual-system-and-gossip?p=235&viewfull=1#post235)) tomorrow : |
They are outdated atm. Been a while since I made them and we made quite major changes a while ago.

01-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Haha rochet just helped me over on ac with his transmog script. :P
Thanks again Foereaper. :D

There's rochet, and no problem take your time.

01-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Hmm, I had to change a few things in Eluna as well.
Now both scripts should work on latest eluna. (also made a little improvement)