View Full Version : Question for Tommy :)

12-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Hello Tommy,
very very thanks for your work with Eluna ;)
We are a group of friends and following your work with much enthusiasm.
I have a question about the new implementation --> POST (http://emudevs.com/showthread.php/1200-loot-on-player-corpse?p=7521&viewfull=1#post7521)
It's possible that you implemented it???
Is a very useful event for the type of game that we do in my server.
For you it's just a simple commit. For me it is a great opportunity to entertain the players.
Thanks again for your valuable work.

Whiroph ^^

12-22-2013, 11:04 AM
It's a nice event to have, but the problem is that since we're not really officially supported by trinity, editing any of their source files causes us to have to update even more files and structures whenever they do their own core changes. First time around it would be a simple implementation yes, however any time they update then we have to as well. We'll of course take it into consideration and discuss it, but anything outside of scriptmgr we're kinda iffy about adding

12-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Thank you very much for your reply, and especially for considering my proposal.
You could explain to me how to use the functions (an example):

ConvertCorpseFromPlayer(guid[, insignia])

Whiroph ^^

12-22-2013, 05:48 PM
RemovedInsignia(looter) is a player method. You'd want to use it when a player kills another player. For example:

function OnKillPlayer(event, killer, killed)

RegisterPlayerEvent(6, OnKillPlayer)

You don't need to use 'ConvertCorpseFromPlayer(guid[, insignia])' since spawning of the bones is already handled, but I'll give you an example of that too:

function OnKillPlayer(event, killer, killed)
ConvertCorpseFromPlayer(killed:GetGUIDLow(), true)

RegisterPlayerEvent(6, OnKillPlayer)

If you're planning on making this available outside of Battlegrounds, it won't work unless you remove the Battleground checks. I do have a tutorial on how to remove the checks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOifRtpsf3Q&feature=c4-overview&list=UUdnkF1mGg_IbIqFxJrzw2WA, you can check it out if you're planning on doing this outside of Battlegrounds.

12-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks for all ^^
good work