View Full Version : [SOLVED] [Trinity] Deleting standard starter gear

12-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Title says it all, does anyone know how to delete the standard starting gear on players? Like all of the Death Knights armor/weps
I started looking at each race/class/sex and most of them have different gear/weps and the only way i can think of getting rid of them is by deleting the items from item_template

I need to remove them because i have created starter gear which is equipped when the character is created. The standard armor stays on and moves some of the custom starting gear into the bag. e.g when a shirt or trousers are on this happens, the custom items move into the bag

Thanks in advance

12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
If I'm not mistaking, the "default" starter gear is stored in CharStartOutfit.dbc. In which case you will need to open CharStartOutfit.dbc in any dbc editor and delete every row inside of it and save it.

And just add the new starter gear via the database under playercreateinfo_items.

12-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Best solution would be to edit the source where the items are added on player create.
I don't think tv has a way to add starting gear through db. (equipped)

12-18-2013, 02:54 PM
I finally managed to open up the file, just seen this :

Column Field Type Notes
1 ID Integer
2 Race iRefID (byte)
3 Class iRefID (byte)
4 Gender byte male, female
5 Pad byte Alignment to 4-bytes
6-29 Items Integer[] These reference item IDs (see wowhead or the itemcache). -1 or 0 if none. Actually ignored by the client.
30-53 DisplayInfo[24] Integer[] Both only set if Item[x] is set too.
54-77 InventoryType[24] Integer[] Values from -1 to 26.

Im not too sure what im supposed to be changing? I have put all Zeros in column 6 still not working, and i have removed everything and when i open up worldserver it closes straight away

Also i had to convert this .dbc file to a .csv file. When converting it back to a DBC file what is the correct way to do this?

Rochet2 Just updated the main post, i added everything to playercreateinfo_items which equipped most of the items

12-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Removing the rows crashes since the core stops if the last row has wrong data or there is wrong amount of rows or something.
There is a coded check in the core.
You should edit in your own start gear or edit the code adding the gear from dbc.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you equipping the starter gear?

Anyways. The fastest way would be the item template thing you suggested. It creates some startup and possibly on char create problems though.

12-18-2013, 03:16 PM
The starter gear is equipped automatically through playercreateinfo_items
Just to clear things up, What i am trying to do is remove all of the default items that you start with like in blizzlike you start with pants, shirt and a sword, im just trying to get rid of all of them

12-18-2013, 03:21 PM
As said above.
Edit your geae to dbc or edit the source adding the items from dbc or delete or modify the starting gear in db.

.. Also making a c++ script would work where you remove the base start gear and add your own, but there is no on first login hook.

12-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Just got this resolved now, someone sent me over a blank CharStartOutfit.dbc file, added it to my dbc folder and all of the default starter gear is now gone :D and all of my custom starter gear is equiped
If anyone needs it :

Thanks for your help on this guys