View Full Version : [SOLVED] Having issues with setting permissions with the rbac

11-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm having a issue setting permissions on my account, I'm almost sure I have done it correct. I ran the following query to set admin permissions on my account, but it didn't work. I'm also running the latest rev of trinity core.

INSERT INTO `rbac_account_permissions` (`accountId`, `permissionId`, `granted`, `realmId`) VALUES ('1', '192', '1', '-1');

As I said above it didn't work. I logged in game, and I still had no commands. The only thing I have edited was the rbac.h to add a few custom commands to test them out / update them. The changes I have made, is shown below in a picture:

I will be very thankful if anyone can help me out.

Best regards,

11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Did you set your account secLevel up in account_access too? Make sure your other tables has data, i.e. rbac_default_permissions, rbac_linked_permissions, etc.

11-20-2013, 10:50 PM
I forgot to add my account into account_access, however I just added it and fully re-logged and I still don't have any ingame permissions. And I checked the other rbac tables, and it has data,etc.

I'm going to test something out, and will report back if it fixes it.

11-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I have no idea right now. I removed the custom commands I have added, but still having no luck.

Best regards,

11-20-2013, 11:13 PM
There has been issues with it like, if you restart the worldserver only and log back in, your commands won't work. Try and restart your authserver and worldserver.

11-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Hmm, I have restarted both my world and auth server. I even deleted all the tables in my auth database and re-applied the sql for it. And still noting :help:

11-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Show me what you have in your RBAC tables.

11-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Alright, here is a picture of my rbac tables.

11-20-2013, 11:41 PM
That's probably why right there. That's not even half the data in your rbac_linked_permissions. It needs about another 700+ queries. :P

11-20-2013, 11:52 PM
I see, I thought it looked a bit odd. But the default table only has that many permissions... care to share an update on rbac_linked_permissions with me? :choupi:

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, I found the sql query to fix it! Thank you for the help! :D

11-20-2013, 11:55 PM
I was about to say, they have the data in the sql/base/.

No problem. :P

11-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Well I seen if you run the auth updates, it will remove all those linked permissions and only had the few I shown in the picture above :S but yeah