View Full Version : [New Server]-[Need Intellectual Help]

10-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Hello Emu-Devers ! I'm working on a project Called Swarm-Severs this project concern PvP Mixed to a bit fun of Realm. Project is good and playable but atm i'm the conceptor of the server and i'm stuck. Btw we are only 2 developpers and it's a verry huge job for two guy even experimented.

Well My Problems are :
-Mall Horde/Ally Or unique Mall for both?
-Vendor System, Atm it's the biggest problem i have, i can't decide to use Token Or classic Honor and conquest point.
-last real problem is the equivalence between stuff. Atm S10 Normal is free S11 Rank 1 is Honor And S11 Rank 2 is in conquest point. Pve Gear is Raid finder T13 Free, T12 Heroic Gear equivalence to S11 rank 1, And t13 Normal is the conquest gear. But somes player wants the Heroic.. But equivalence will be not good for a pvp realm.

any way you can visit us in game [Link Removed] and somes pic is uploaded here to know a bit of zones..

Shop Area
FFA Area
Duel Area

Note : all things aren't done systems are complexe and it took time to change the smallest thing. Thanks for constructive replay and to read the post. Sorry for my english he is not perfect. i'm french educated.

10-05-2013, 10:59 PM
A mall is quite old to have nowadays. People normally just make a multi-vendor which I would recommend, else put a mall in a Sanctuary and put it for both factions. About the currency, you could do both in my opinion. Have honor for the low rated items and tokens for the higher rated items. Also, PvE items are somewhat good to have for a PvP server. I played one a server where you could kill players for gold and with gold buy PvP or PvE items and it was so fun. Only real difference is that PvE items have better stats and you will be able to deal a large amount of damage, but not take a lot without resilience.

If this server is just starting, I wouldn't really recommend a PvP server. You need a playerbase and players normally get bored without other players to kill. I don't know though, you said it was a mixed server.

10-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Well we got multi-vendor system it's not the problem, and for the base the lead developper is a verry good engineer so he developped AI systems with genetic purpose who make play Factis player in the world (FFA-Duels) Or (Bg-Arena) So we running h24 with always 50-60 players atm.

10-06-2013, 10:28 AM
instead of designating something way beyond anyone's comprehension
and attention span just make a whole lot of things and see what it wants
to be as a server. let the repack decide what it wants to be.

don't constrain your imagination with an ultimate structure kind
of like an artist but for repacks.

who knows what will happen but it will turn out interesting anyways, :)

Time is death, Project Started and we need a solid base !
I was thinking about,
Everything is free for -> Heroic And max Season gear
Old Gear for transmo -> Token
somes mount -> Token
Somes Tabards -> Token
And others things like that.
Token will be earned after killing someone of the opposit faction and ofc with anti-farm system
or after battleground and arena's

What do you think about that?

10-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I agree with treetree with a repack you can let it be almost anything you can imagine.

10-09-2013, 11:00 PM
I agree with treetree with a repack you can let it be almost anything you can imagine.

We are not developping a repack !

10-10-2013, 12:10 AM
If you guys actually read, there wouldn't be a couple posts here regarding a repack. Nothing in the first post has the word "repack" in it. This is a "PROJECT" he's working on, not a repack.

10-10-2013, 04:01 AM
Sorry, my bad. Some how I was under the impression it was a repack, not sure where that came from.

10-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Sorry, my bad. Some how I was under the impression it was a repack, not sure where that came from.

Np :)